How Many Golf Courses Are in Arizona

Arizona is a golfer’s paradise with its beautiful desert landscapes and sunny weather, making it a popular destination for golf enthusiasts. So, just how many golf courses are there in Arizona? Let’s dive into the numbers and explore the golfing scene in the Grand Canyon State.

What is the total number of golf courses in Arizona?

As of 2021, there are over 400 golf courses in Arizona, making it a premier destination for golfers from around the world. The state boasts a diverse range of courses, from scenic desert layouts to lush green fairways nestled in the mountains.

How many public versus private golf courses are there in Arizona?

In Arizona, the majority of golf courses are open to the public, with around 90% of the courses being public facilities. Private courses make up the remaining 10%, offering exclusive amenities and memberships to their members.

Which cities in Arizona have the most golf courses?

Phoenix and Scottsdale are the top cities in Arizona when it comes to the number of golf courses. These cities are home to a large concentration of golf courses, ranging from championship level courses to more affordable options for all skill levels.

What are some of the most popular golf courses in Arizona?

  • Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale
  • TPC Scottsdale – Home of the Waste Management Phoenix Open
  • Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale
  • We-Ko-Pa Golf Club in Fort McDowell

How does the number of golf courses in Arizona compare to other states?

Arizona ranks among the top states in the country for the number of golf courses per capita. With its ideal weather conditions and stunning landscapes, Arizona has become a mecca for golfers looking to tee off in a picturesque setting.

Are there any famous golf resorts in Arizona?

Arizona is home to several world-renowned golf resorts that attract golfers from around the globe. Some of the top golf resorts in Arizona include:

Resort Location
The Phoenician Scottsdale
JW Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale
Westin La Paloma Resort Tucson

What is the growth trend of golf courses in Arizona?

Over the past decade, Arizona has seen a steady growth in the number of golf courses, with new developments and renovations happening across the state. The continued investment in the golf industry in Arizona is a testament to its popularity among both residents and visitors.

With over 400 golf courses to choose from, Arizona offers something for every golfer, whether you’re a beginner looking to hone your skills or a seasoned pro seeking a challenging round. So pack your clubs and get ready to tee off in the stunning landscapes of Arizona!